Laurelei has many tricks. The first memorable one occurred when she was about 1 1/2 months old. While completely swaddled, she managed to turn herself around, head to where her feet go, in her crib, without even ruffling her cover. Next, she learned to break partially free from her expertly wrapped swaddle, leaving one sole arm exposed. This seemed enough to make her happy for awhile. Finally, she got a bit more creative and figured out how to get both her hands and feet out of her swaddle, while leaving the blanket perfectly wrapped in the middle. These bed time tricks always surprised me when I went in to get her up from a nap, but always made us smile.
Recently she has begun performing more interesting tricks. For instance, the other day I heard her "talking" and singing happily in her crib after nap time. I was surprised that I had not heard her stir at all, and then suddenly heard her little voice. When I went in to pick her up, she had partially removed her crib bumper, which had previously been tied. All of this, without making a noise. The next day, after nap time, I went in to find her partially standing, hands on her crib rails. This is quite the trick because Laurelei can't even sit up on her own yet! Today, as if we were progressing at the speed of light, I went in to find my only 7 month old BABY between her bumper and the crib, standing all the way up. I would have gotten of picture of this truly amazing trick had I not been scared to death that she might fall out of the crib! Luckily, although the crib was still at its highest level, my child takes after me in the height department. She was still only tall enough to lick the railing, thankfully not to jump on out.
I have learned two very valuable lesson from my daughters magical abilities. One, lower the crib NOW. Two, super glue bumper to crib since apparently I am really terrible at tying a bow securely.
No comments:
Post a Comment