Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Life marches on...




Now, let me start with asking a question... am I the world's worst blogger or what? It has been forever since we put anything up. I guess life has been scooting by a little to quickly at the Burlew household these days! Here is a little update for you, since I have had a minute to sit down!

Laurelei is 8 months old! Can you believe it? She seems huge to Matt and I. She pulls up AND walks around objects now. She enjoys crawling closely behind us and clawing at our feet too. She is much like a puppy in the way that she loves to grab at your toes and chew on your shoes. If you come into our house now, watch out! She moves pretty fast! (wait, it is wrong to compare my child to a puppy?)

Today she started "talking." Up until this point she has just been cooing and sticking with mostly vowel sounds. She has dabbled a bit here and there with goo's and gaa's, but is pretty much trying her hand at varying ranges of "ahhhhh's." As of today, she is officially saying "dadadadadadadadadadadadadadadada." (Much to "mamama's" chagrin you can imagine!) Matt and I listened really closely for a few rounds as we tried to decipher what she was saying, but soon enough there was no mistaking that she was making the "da" sounds. It was super cute!
Now, we are just anxiously awaiting the first tooth which seems to be right around the corner.

I have to say how amazed I am by how much I can love this beautiful little girl. It's almost as if my heart isn't big enough to contain all of the love I feel for her and her daddy Matt. I am so lucky to have them both! It is hard now to even remember the days several months ago when I was worried I wouldn't see her grow this healthy, strong and beautiful. I am not usually the one to gush over such things publically, let alone online; but I am consistently amazed everyday by how good our God is. I have been given such a gift, and I am so thankful for the little miracle she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment