The problem with going all out with the theme was two-fold really. First, there aren't a lot of easy options for purchasing Peter Rabbit themed things quickly, which meant I kind of needed to make a lot if I wanted to really do it up. This lead to my second problem, procrastination. I made my first Peter Rabbit themed party decoration on Friday night. The party was...Sunday. You get the picture? Never you mind though, because even without all the bells and whistles, the party was perfect! I couldn't have been more pleased with how everything came together, and how much fun we had with family and friends! Here are a few details and some of my favorite photos from our backyard cookout...
I made lots of banners! It was a quick and easy way to add a little Peter Rabbit to the party!
Abbott started the afternoon a little cranky. He was really clingy and overwhelmed I think. Thanks to the yummy food our parents and sisters made our little one livened up pretty quickly! Abbott loved to eat, and eat he did!
I used some of my favorite things for the table centerpieces. Hydrangeas, ball jars, and pictures of Abbott made the perfect table statement. I was one of the lucky ones, because I got to stare at that cute face on the right while I ate. :)
Of all the things I ended up making, these party hats were my favorite! It was so fun to watch the kids run around in them, and I was pleasantly surprised by how long Abbott wore it while eating his cake! He looked so stinking cute!
All of the persistence in taking those monthly pictures paid off when I got to see each picture side by side! I cannot believe how much Abbott changed over time, even though it seems like side by side the pictures don't look that different. (I'll be back with month 12 later this week after Abbott's 1 year visit tomorrow.)
As I mentioned before, Abbott wore his cute little hat through the whole cake experience! He was so precious. He was such a ham during the cake eating. He would hold the cake up and just smile at everyone. He knew he had an audience!
Laurelei had so much fun playing with her friends, I am pretty sure she thought it was a little bit her party too.
Mommy and Daddy's little birthday boy.
I found Annie's Cheddar Bunnies for the treat bags, and I was so excited! A quick ribbon and little note did just the trick. I was so pleased with the way everything turned out!
Thanks for hopping by! We had a great time celebrating with all of our family and friends!






It looks adorable. Perfect. You know that if you'd have given yourself more time then you'd have just thought of more things to do, right? I can't believe you made all of that, especially those banners, over the weekend for a Sunday party! Not that you have much else going on now, right? :)
ReplyDeleteI love those party hats too, esp the cotton ball top! It makes me think of Peter Cotton Tail, even though I know you were doing Peter Rabbit-what's wrong with me?, and the colors are so sweet! And I love his monthly pics display- I'm glad there were a few months where you couldn't use just one picture! Totally get that. :) Great job!