Friday, March 1, 2013

five for friday

Whew, it's been a while to say the least! I don't know what happened, but somewhere between winter illnesses, careers, grad school, side jobs, and crazy kids, we have lost all track of time. That doesn't mean that we aren't painfully aware of time flying by, and the kids growing up too fast as always. I keep wanting to come back and post, and then feeling so overwhelmed by how far behind I am! I'm going to take a little tip from Tiffany today and steal her five for friday, it feels like the best way to catch up on the most important (or maybe just my favorite) things from the past couple of months. Thanks for the inspiration today, Tiffany!

{one}
Many holidays have come and gone since my last post. I always love Valentine's day, spoiling my kids and ordering in food. We sent these little pictures out to our family, and I loved the way they turned out! What's not to love about these two little cuties on Valentine's Day?

{two}
We have been battling illness, after illness, after illness around here. That has made for lots of indoor playing and lounging around. Not to mention, I may or may not have severed a little one's finger in the door back in January, yikes! Poor Laurelei, she had her very first emergency trip to the hospital, and it was a scene! Luckily, we are all in a state of recupperating and very, very happy to be there. Fingers crossed (poor choice of words, maybe?), we'll stay there!

{three}
I did it again. I redid another room... Laurelei's! I can't take all the credit though, as I rarely can, because Matt came up with and built the most exciting part of the room. I will have to come back and share more details of this sweet space soon, but for now, here is a quick iphone picture of the space! Did I mention that I want to live in this room now? It's way cooler than mine!

{four}
Our babies are changing. As Laurelei continues down the path of 4 years old, she has mellowed out just a tad. She spends more time engaged in one activity. Whether it is drawing, coloring, or playing with her LeapPad, she gets engrossed in an activity like never before.
Abbott on the other hand, has developed a little attitude to go along with his 16 months! He loves food. He can't get enough of it! He has mastered a few words now, but by far I think 'MORE!' is the clearest. He plays his little heart out all day everyday. Lucky, this has come with some good solid sleeping through the night too, so yay for that!
Oh how I love these little ones so!

{five}
On a completely unrelated, or somewhat related I guess, note...I have a new favorite thing. Laurelei and Abbott is always saying or doing new things and I think, "I will rememeber this forever!" Um, wrong. I tell a few people, maybe write it down in some obscure place, and then forget about it eventually. Well, not anymore!! I finally got myself a 'One Line a Day' journal, and I am so excited to use it. You can use it for five years, and just keep adding too it. I think it will be a great memory keeper if I can remember to use it. I am really excited about it! It doesn't hurt that it's one of my favorite shades of blue, tiny, and leather bound. Win, win, win!

Happy Friday all!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post Patrice! I'm a few weeks behind (I was stateside myself the beginning of the month), but I've been wondering how you've been doing and what you're up to! Your kids are looking so grown up, Abbott's hair is so long now and he is cracking me up in that spaghetti picture!

    Love L's new room makeover! Admit it, her room has the most makeovers, right? Or is it the living room? I want to live in there too, or I just want to hang out in the under-bed kitchen/dance party area.

    Good luck with your one line a day journal! Sounds so doable. But will you be able to write just one line when you do it? Do tell.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete