Much to Matt's dismay, I am taking a break from the whirlwind of packing and preparing to write a short blog and sit down. We are preparing to leave town with the baby for a couple of days so that we can go to my good friend Tara's wedding in Northern Ohio.
When we get back from the wedding Matt and I are leaving for Savannah, GA, without Laurelei. Matt has been planning a two year anniversary trip for us for awhile now and we are excited to get away and reconnect. While I am looking forward to it in a lot of ways, it is already becoming incredibly difficult for me to leave Laurelei, even if only for a couple of days. Changes are happening so quickly and everyday with her. She seems like she grows every night. She is doing so many things like scooting around on the floor, trying to sit up, teething and even almost crawling! What will I do if she begins these things while I am gone?! What if I come back and she is sitting up, has two teeth and can crawl around!? This seems so ridiculous, but considering the rate at which she learns new things its a legitimate fear!
Her cutest new thing is giving "kisses." She gave the first one to Gigi (my mom) and since then has produced several more do to much encouragement on our part. Almost on command she will place her little lips on your face, hold them there for a minute and then back away with a HUGE smile just awaiting your reaction. She is very eager to please and we love every second!
What a precious baby.
Awww, I love that she is giving kisses now. Wow, I'll be thinking about you as you are away from Laurelei. I know it will be so good for you and Matt, but I completely understand your concerns. It's hard to leave them that's for sure, but you will feel refreshed after a short little trip and she'll be so happy to see you when you get back. Have a great time!!
ReplyDelete