Wednesday, February 10, 2010

New Year, new milestones...


Wow, it has been awhile since I have posted. Let me just say things have been crazy around our house since the new year began! Before even going back to school after the holiday break sickness was plaguing our house. Laurelei started out the new year with a wonderful double ear infection and that was only the beginning! Three ER visits later and things are finally starting to look up. Midway into February we are turning a corner...though now I have a sinus infection and Laurelei has some form of cold, currently undiagnosed. Whew, what a month its been. Luckily we will enjoy the thoughts of our months of illness as we joyfully pay off some hefty hospital bills over the next few months...hmmm...

Anyway, onto the good stuff! Laurele is growing like a weed. She is happier and happier with each day and learning a ton of things too! Beginning this second year in life, having just celebrated a first birthday a mere 2 months ago (nearly), she is really showing her personality.

Among her favorite things to do are....

-sitting on anything and everything of the appropriate height...(Currently she is like one of those machines that should beep as it backs up. She walks backwards, around the house, squatting until she finds just the right seat. I'm going to have to start calling her Goldilocks! Just yesterday Matt and I ventured to target with her and wondered what the little bean was doing as she began clearning a shelf of its boxes. Why, clearing a space to sit down of course! She plopped down and was extremely difficult to move again. It was quite cute though! One of those, "wish I carried my camera EVERYwhere" moments!)

-giggling... (at anything, anytime, anywhere. I mean come on, what is as funny as a banana, puppy, snow, mommy, daddy, seats, lightswitches, remotes, babies, mirrors, pillows...etc, I am sure you get the picture!)

-eating...

-playing peekaboo... (While this is a game we began playing many, many months ago, Laurelei has perfected the art of hide-n-seek. She can hide behind a couch, pillow, table, candlesitck, curtain, finger, dishtowel, cheerio and even under a bed! Nothing gives her a greater pleasure than uncovering herself when we cannot find her. It is a wonderful pastime and makes parenting so much sweeter everytime we see her dracula grin!)

-cutting teeth... (Though our first birthday came and went with not one tooth, we the first one starting poking through within days of that 1 year milestone. In just two short months, we have gone from completely gummy grins to a well rounded 'dracula grin.' Our friend Jarod likes to tell me she is trying to impress me with her 'Twilight" dedication. Her two top teeth has arrived in fang position, while her two bottom teeth are right next to each other, snuggled directly inside the upper fangs. Her smiles are simply too cute now!)

-pointing...

-understanding everything mommy and daddy say... (I have to say, Matt and I were a little freaked out by how quickly and accurately Laurelei started to respond to our words. It's as if she went from knowing and understanding basically nothing, to knowing everything! Some recent sentences she has responded to are: "Time to take a bath." (by trying to take her clothes off while standing next to the tub); "Do you need a diaper change?" (going into the bedroom, getting a diaper, laying down on the floor); "Are you hungry?" (running to the kitchen, pointing to snack cabinent uttering "more!"); "Naptime." (shaking head no, and standing from a previously lounging position.) These things seem so basic, yet a month ago she simply stared at me like I was a babbling monkey when I tried to talk to her, it's so weird!)

Our little miracle baby is a true joy! I am loving everyday of motherhood. Oh, and we are currently completely outgrowing 6mo clothes (nearly!), how exciting is that? On to the big girl wear...fashionista in the making for sure!

Sorry for the marathon post, its been awhile. I am going to try to upload a video or two today!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the sweet comments you left on my blog. Your daughter is adorable. Glad to see things are going well for you!

    ReplyDelete