Monday, November 12, 2012

miscellany monday

one...Lately, I have been going back and forth between being completely overwhelmed and feeling like I have all kinds of time. Somedays it's an impossibly long to-do list, and sometimes I am pinning so much on Pinterest it's as if I have nothing else to do! I'm not sure which days I like better, but you can probably make your own inference on that... :)

two...I am finally starting to feel more like myself after my not so fun gum graft surgery. I am very much missing crunchy food, and using my front teeth in general. Apparently I cannot chew with them for another 3 weeks! Yikes. At least the swelling is going down and I look more like a normal version of myself. I'm not going to lie, it was way worse that people told me it would be. I did love all the extra sleep and snuggle time with my babies though. 5 days of laying around was almost, almost worth it.

three...Right after my surgery last week, Matt left town for 2 days for work. It was hard for little Laurelei to say goodbye. We are really happy to have him home, we missed him so!

four...Speaking of L, she is growing so fast. Her newest thing is writing her name, all by herself! She memorized the spelling of it, go her! And lately, after just a few practice sessions, she has been working on writing it everywhere. I am so proud of my sweet little girl. More on her soon.

five...Towards the end of a long week last week, Abbott had his first run in with a bully at school. The issue has been resolved, but I will tell you that getting a call from his school saying that he will have 'multiple scratches and a bite' when I pick him up absolutely made my stomach drop and my heart sink. He looked pitiful, but luckily his happy little personality wasn't too damaged. As parents, one of Matt and I's worst nightmare is our kids being bullied. I know that at the rightful old age of one 'bullied' is probably not the right term, but seeing your child all banged up is hard no matter what age!

six...I took the kids out to get some pictures for a potential Christmas card. It was a little rough. Both were tired, and not that into it. Shocking, I know! I am pretty excited about some of the results, and so far this is one of my favorites...
Happy Monday friends! Hope it is a little less rainy than mine here in KY.
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy...glad you are feeling better!! Your children are so beautiful. So nice to meet you.

    Blessings to you...♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that last pic-- Abbott's little expression is priceless :)

    ReplyDelete