Sunday, November 25, 2012

a little Christmas cheer

If you know me well, then you know I love holidays! I am definitely one of the crazy people who wait until trick-or-treating is over just so I can have an excuse to start the Christmas festivities. I'm all, scanning the radio, slightly belligerent that no one has started the Christmas music kind of crazy.

That being said, we have spent just a little time around here decorating as of late. Every year I seem to want to put everything out, and then I spend the next several days editing what is sure to be the complete overkill. This year, I am going again for a little homey/ country/ shabby chic/ rustic Christmas feel. :) I am sure you can just picture what I mean by that description, right? Well, if not, I'll include a few pictures just in case! (Please excuse the phone quality photos, camera is still broke!)

We'll start where I started, the tree...
Some of the details I love about the tree are the various garlands I've made over the years, and my new favorite thing, the silhouettes! This year I added a tulle and twine garland to my pre-existing letters and stars. I love it!
After the first couple, I got really into the silhouettes...
As I mentioned previously, a lot of decorations didn't make the cut this year. Here are a couple of the ones that did...
 Maybe soon I'll be able to come back with some worthwhile pictures of our progress so far! Oh, and this may or may not be happening at our house for the first time this year!?
Merry  Monday!

1 comment:

  1. It looks wonderful!! I'm with you, the past few years I barely unpacked my old Christmas stuff and opted to just add a few new bits to my old favorites. I guess we shouldn't be expected to have exactly the same taste 1 year after another. Like if you pulled out your entire wardrobe from last December, how much of it would you still really like as much as they year before?

    Anyway, love the Silhouettes!! Did you just cut out with black paper around a photo? I need to do something like that for the Grandmas. And I love Santa's profile too, great job!

    ReplyDelete