No matter how excited I was about the trip, I was still a little nervous going into it. You see, we haven't had the best track record with children who enjoy the beach. I was a little worried that Abbott might follow in Laurelei's 18 months footsteps! Much to my surprise and delight, it couldn't have been better! We packed up the first day, baby pool and wagon in tow, and both kids LOVED it! At first I was pretty sure that day one would be the 'honeymoon period' and that on day two all hell would break loose, but I was wrong! We had a nearly perfect week, making it to the beach every single day!
Matt was awesome, playing with both kids in the ocean and sand the entire time. He rarely got a break, but never even complained. How did I get so lucky? Looking back, I feel a little diva-ish, realizing that while he did all that, I did this...
Oh well, we can't all be perfect, so I'll just leave the super dad stuff to him! :) Plus, quality time with family was what this trip was all about!
It really was an amazing week. Breakfasts on the porch, dinners at our favorite local spots, and ice cream on the pier sealed the deal. I am already longing for next year!
Hoping you get a little summer relaxation too, no matter what form it takes!
Happy Friday!











Glad you had a good time at the beach- we got back last night after having less than perfect weather... it monsooned 3 straight days! I am like you.... already longing for next year!
ReplyDelete