Wednesday, August 21, 2013

back to school & other things

Back to school time, enough said. It has us busy as ever. Although, I obviously hadn't been carving out time on any of my long summer days to update much anyway, so I know school is not a very good excuse. But alas, its the only excuse I've got.

The long days at school and work for all of us has left slim amounts of daylight to enjoy as a family.
Because of that, we've tried our best to relax in the evening hours, eat a few more dinners at home, and play as much as we can with the kids.
To be completely honest, I spent most of this weekend feeling sad about going back to work. I complained to just about all my friends, the ones that would listen anyway, about how badly I wanted to be a stay at home mom. Which, if you know me very well, is a little out of character. I love my kids, but I also love my job. And I love the cuddle time, but I also long for the adult conversation time too. I guess I don't know what had come over me.
I went in to work feeling very weary on Monday morning. But just as it always seems to happen, I just felt a blanket of peace over the whole situation on my in. I was reminded that I have some great coworkers to get me through the day, and some pretty awesome 9 year olds too. I had some friends remind me that I wasn't alone in my blah either.
We all feel it sometimes. We all wonder why we leave our own kids to go love on someone else's for the day. But most importantly, I remembered that I was here with a singular purpose. A kingdom one. And that, if I didn't have all of those other amazing reasons to keep going, makes what I do worth everything I give, which still isn't nearly enough.
I know this is really just a jumble of my own thoughts, and mostly likely makes very little sense to anyone who is still reading. I guess I was just hoping that it might be an encouragement to someone else. It might be hard, day in and day out, to do what we are doing. But no matter where we are, or how much we wish we were somewhere else, we are exactly where we need to be, right now.
And in the end, God will bless us there, if we allow him to.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos, Patrice! I'm Heather and I have a question about your blog that I was hoping you would be willing to answer! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com :-)

    ReplyDelete