Thursday, January 23, 2014

snow days

So, in an attempt to #1, stay off of facebook and #2, still post all of the family pictures and updates I am crazy about I am going to try to relive this under utilized blog. I refuse to make promises on consistency, and I am fairly-more-than-certain that no one is any longer reading this so they won't mind, but I will make a good effort if for no other reason that it makes me sad to not have documented anything from September through January!

I have some back logged posts that I would love to fill in at some point on our Halloween, Christmas, and New Years. But seeing as how it is our sixth/ seventh? snowday of the this month, I thought I would just start with what we have been up to for the last few days.

one...
We have done a lot of waiting at the window for daddy to get home from work. Since the little ones and I haven't left the house since Monday, we've been anxious for him to get home and entertain us each day!

two...
Sleeping. We have done a fair amount of sleeping. A nap here or there never hurt anyone, and I for one can say that I am going to miss these come the  harsh reality of back-to-school!

three...
We even once got out to play in the snow! This is Abbott's first official snow play, and he had mixed feeling about it. All he really wanted to do was build a snow man, but the snow was a little to fluffy to pack well. Every time he sat down in the snow, he got stuck. That was probably my fault, since he waddled out of the house like the kid in the Christmas Story. In the end I think he mostly enjoyed it!
Laurelei definitely loved it the WHOLE time. She is a true little snow bunny! She dove right in the second she stepped out of the door. I'd say if we could find a way to keep her fingers warm she probably wouldn't ever come in!
 She especially loved when Matt would pull her around in the baby sled. It is so small and they could pick up some serious speed! Abbott liked it at first too, but didn't so much like gaining any speed. He's not quite as big of a daredevil as Laurelei.
Too bad its 10 degrees outside today, or we might just be out there again! It looks like Saturday calls for more snow and 35 degrees, so maybe that is a better idea?

So that's that. Those are my very grown up kids. My two year old and my five year old. I can't believe I am saying that, a lot has changed since August.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Let me just tell you that when I saw your link on facebook the first thing I thought was, "Wait, is it Lent?" :) But I agree, after a hiatus you might as well start with what's happening right now. And I never posted anything about Halloween either, so if you do then I will too. 3 months later seems just fine by me.

    Will you kill me if I say that we have had no snow at all yet, and it has been in the 40s and 50s here this week? But my kids will be so bummed if they don't see a single snowflake, and I guess it is only January. Glad you guys got out and made the most of it, even if it was only in 30 minute segments once Matt was home. The pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete