Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas

If I had one picture to sum up our Christmas this year, it would be this...
 Each year we begin our Christmas season nailing down plans. With two very close families and lots of extended relatives, we have so many loved ones we want to see and celebrate the season with. Often times it ends of being a compromise for Matt, me, or both of us, and we don't always get to see everyone. This year, for many reasons, we decided we would try and do it all! That meant 4 Christmases on Christmas Eve, and 3 Christmases on Christmas day. I know, right? I think that as much as we knew it was going to be too much for us all, the universe did too. And what was about to be our busiest Christmas ever just ended up being our sickiest Christmas to date.
Between Laurelei, Abbott, and myself, we spent 7 days with at least one high fever in the house. Both Laurelei and I were out of it on Christmas day. It has been a long time since I have had a fever of 103, and it knocked me out! I think the saddest part of the experience was when Laurelei decided she felt to poorly to open presents.
Despite all the yuck, we still had a great time. We cut back on our travels, and got to nap at home on Christmas day for the first time in years. I didn't even have to change out of my pj's all day, which was a total win!
The kids were so grateful and loved everything they opened. Laurelei is particularly fond of her new 'ipad' as she calls it. Really, it's just a Leap Pad, but having her very own tablet is like the coolest thing ever to her! It was money well spent.
 Abbott mostly enjoyed the food and chocolate. He was a sticky mess all day!
Matt and I are so blessed to have such wonderful families. We got to celebrate with all of our immediate family, and they were so helpful and understanding through all of the sickness! We are spoiled to say the least! Here is a peak at the fun we had with each of our families!
While we will certainly remember this Christmas for many not so great reasons, I am so thankful for another wonderful year with our families. And most importantly, another beautiful winter day to remember God's love for us!

Happy Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pics!! How are your kids still so cute even when they're sick?? and OMG your hair is so long!!!! I can't believe you've lasted this long wo cutting it-- looks great!

    ReplyDelete