Dearest Laurelei,
There are no words to describe how much we love you. You truly are sugar, spice, and everything nice. You keep us on our toes little one! This year, more than any of the years past, it seems as though you've grown. I sort of think 4 marks the official transition from baby to little girl, and even your sweet face shows it. Where we used to see just round, chubby cheeks, we see dimples.
There are so many things that are different about you, I don't even know where to begin! Let's see... Well, you color inside the lines now. (And, in my humble mommy opinion, maybe even a little better than any of the other kids in your class...) You like to keep your hair cut short. You go to dance classes now, and look so mature in your leotard and tutu. You aren't as shy anymore, and in fact love to put on a show. Your greatest aspiration at the moment is to get up on that stage! You can write (and spell correctly, might I add) your own name! And that is no easy feet, considering the name Daddy and I gave you! Now when we sing your bed time songs, you sing them with us. And thanks to Daddy your current favorite are Take Me Out to the Ballgame and Soulshine, and I know that makes him proud!
One of my favorite things about you is your big, sweet heart. You care so much about other people. You hate to see others sad. Sure, you do your face share of taking toys from Abbott or whining here or there, but we can have a conversation with you. You really seem to get some of the important things in life, and at such a young age. My favorite thing about your heart is how much you already talk about Jesus. That day in the car when you said, "Mommy, I just feel like my Jesus is giving me a big hug!" That, was the best. Whenever Daddy asks you why you are so pretty you respond, "Because God made me!" What a little light you are in the world already.
In the morning, you turn 4 whole years old. That seems like a lot to me. I get a little teary eyed thinking about it. You won't understand when people tell you that it 'feels like yesterday when you were born' until you have babies of your own, but it really is true. The last 1,460 days of my life have had more meaning because you were apart of them. I'll always be so proud that you are my sweet daughter.
Happy Birthday Lola Bear!
Love,
Mommy

This is nothing short of a sweet girl in the making. Having this blog for her to read is so very special. I love it!
ReplyDelete