Sunday, January 26, 2014

best friends and new years

So I'm going to jump out there and just admit that for the last 5ish years Matt and I have had some pretty lame, er I mean quiet, New Year's eves. Mostly the kind where you do all things parentish like stay home all night, watch movies on the living room floor, and set your alarm for 11:58 just in case you fall asleep before the ball drops.
This year, however, we had lots of fun prospects. We were invited to two, yes I said TWO! different parties. Matt was pretty proud of this, it seeming to up our 'cool parent' status a notch or two. So you know what we did to take advantage of this different year? We.....stayed home again!
What? I know. Even with two pretty great parties with pretty great people who we love a lot, we decided to stay home because we had the opportunity to host one of my very best friends in the whole world, and her sweet little family! Once again the plan was dinner and pj's before 8pm, and it was the best! I made some ridiculous party hats that I insisted we wear. We put the kids to bed and played games until close to midnight.
We even popped open the champagne and almost made it until midnight! Sure there was a baby crying here or there, kids who really didn't want to fall asleep, the fact that half of us didn't make it to see the ball drop, but it was about as close to perfect as New Year's eves get!

No comments:

Post a Comment