Friday, January 24, 2014

Christmas 2013

I had thought about back tracking all the way to Halloween, but I've decided it's an insurmountable effort. So, I'll just start with something slightly more recent. Christmas!

This year we made the usual rounds for Christmas...my family, Matt's family, more of my family, and some more of Matt's family.
We spread out the celebrating this year, and cut down on our traveling to and from, and it made for a nice relaxing few days with family. It was nearly perfect.
We've really struggled recently with the awareness that mostly our celebrations of things have become more 'us-centered' and less 'Christ-centered.' I think this year our hearts were much more full this season with more constant reminders to ourselves and to Abbott and Laurelei about the true importance of Christmas. Our church shared the book, The Sparkle Box, this year and I love the idea behind it.
Giving a gift back to God each Christmas through selfless acts and the way that you treat those around you. I hope that as a family we can follow the model this book gives throughout this year for next Christmas. I think that giving a gift like that would just be icing on the cake, and make for a truly perfect celebration next year!

1 comment:

  1. So cute, I loved all of these pictures on facebook. Or some of them anyway. Abbot with his drum set is killer.

    I have to admit I was going a little crazy this year with Jayce asking me constantly about things on his list and wanting to add things and asking about his birthday. It's such a struggle. I'll have to look up the sparkle box for next year.

    And...you are totally on a roll here! By the time I finish this comment you will have already posted about Halloween...

    ReplyDelete