Monday, August 6, 2012

celebrating another year and a little 'me' trip

I feel like there are a million and one things I want to post about. I keep getting further and further behind and can't seem to catch up! I have sat down to write a new post several times, but each time feel overwhelmed by the 'catching up' that needs doing, so I always just end up putting it off. I end the streak today, lucky you. :)

Way back in July I celebrated another birthday! I am now officially 27 years old. Gasp, sigh, I know. Super young. I promise to spare you any sentiment implying his birthday made me feel like I was getting so old, because it indeed did not. In fact, when I look back over the last few years I cannot believe how much I have done, and how much my family and life has grown. When I pictured 27, I never expected to feel this young yet have so much responsibility. It's a good feeling. I like this year already. The whole day was perfect. I got spoiled by Jess at breakfast, had a wonderful lunch with Matt, and enjoyed dinner with my family that night.
{a little birthday breakfast} 

The weekend after my birthday I left to take a little trip to visit Katharine and Andy. By. My. Self. Katharine and I had been planning all year to take a girls trip, and it ended up just being the perfect time for me to go visit them in Michigan and for us to hop around to all the little townships around Ann Arbor. I never knew how gorgeous Michigan was. And I am totally jealous of all the little towns they have around their house. We went to Ann Arbor, Birmingham, Northville, Plymouth...the list seemed endless! There were so many boutiques and little restaurants, it was so much fun. It seems like we shopped, ate, and laughed a lot. All things we do best. :)
The last night I was there we had dinner at a really cute place called the Sardine Room. Minus the snooty hostess, it was all wonderful. Andy even convinced me to eat and oyster, which was pretty a pretty big feat. I added oyster and lobster to my seafood list, and I was proud. 
We had so much fun. It was just what I needed. Great friends are so good for the soul! I cannot wait to go back and snuggle that new sweet baby when she arrives!

2 comments:

  1. yaye!! Thank you so much for coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to end a great summer! I love catching up on the blog even though I talk to you via text daily! :) I too am proud that you ate the oyster for sure! There is hope for your little taste buds yet;)

    ReplyDelete