They are all that I think about. From the time that I wake up until I go to bed. I am obsessed with my kids. That is normal, right?
Going back to work this school year has been bitter sweet. Sure, who doesn't love a little adult time? There were certainly days this summer that I felt like I just seriously needed a break. It seems though that the 'sweets' don't out weigh the 'bitters.' I miss my sweet little ones almost immediately when I walk out the door.
I miss those lazy jammie mornings. Some days this summer we didn't even bother to change out of them. We just played and played and played, no time for real clothes on those days.
I miss watching the kids play. You learn a lot about a child watching them play. For instance, this summer I learned that Abbott sticks his tongue out to concentrate, just like I did when I was a kid. It is pretty darn cute. I miss watching that little tongue work through difficult problems each day.
When my kids go to bed, I basically spend my free time 'pinning' kid things, or trying to convince Matt it's a good idea to get them back out of bed to snuggle.
I am almost positive I will adjust. I'll learn to spend the weekends and weeknights soaking up my baby time and the rest of my day focusing on other tasks. For now though, missing my kids serves as a constant reminder of how blessed I am to have so much to love, and two sweet babies who make me better everyday.
How are you other working mommy's finding the balance?





This is too funny because I try and convince my husband EVERY night that we need to get Meyer back out of bed to snuggle...just a little! It never works:(
ReplyDelete