Here are some special things about our little Abbott this month...
moving... This baby is on the move big time. He is cruising around furniture more and more. We've actually witnessed a few seconds of standing alone too, which is particularly scary. I am seriously tempted to just {gently} push him over every time he does it! I am not ready for a little walker just quite yet! He is so quick crawling too. I can always see it coming, he looks down the hall into the bathroom and sees that someone has carelessly left the toilet lid up, and off he goes. Breaking record speed, just trying to beat me in there so he can splash around. Yuck. Alllll boy, this one.
snacking... I would say eating, but snacking seems more appropriate a term. Little one is teething like crazy. He isn't one of those babies that you don't notice their discomfort, as he literally gnaws on everything. That, combined with a recent aversion to being spoon fed, has led to a lot of snacking. Graham crackers, zucchini, apple slices, bananas...they are all our best friends right now.
cuddling... In the last month Abbott has become the biggest cuddler. He can most often be found snuggled up on mommy's shoulder, head tucked under my chin. I am not going to lie, I love it. I love rocking him, dancing around the living room with him, tickling him til he giggles, all with his precious little head on my shoulder. Such a sweet time!
playing... Abbott loves to play with Laurelei. He will crawl down the hall and into her room, aiming for her little pink kitchen. Laurelei is a very good cook and waiter, and Abbott helps out a lot by banging around the pots and pans while she is fast at work. I can tell they have a system down pat in there. We are also clapping and playing pat-a-cake, playing peek-a-boo and hide and seek. This is such a fun age! Abby is also really into trucks he can push around. It is sweet watching him crawl down the hall pushing his dump truck.
growing...Last time we weighed in we were still hanging in the 17-18lb range. I can tell he's gotten taller though, when I hold him his little feet almost graze the very tip top of my legs!
Abby, you have the perfect temperament. You are happy and playful. You go with the flow and love on us all. Your little tongue is always sticking out, like you are hard at work or deep in concentration. You must have a lot going on in that little 10 month old brain of yours.We are so very lucky you are ours, forever. Love you little rabbit. Happy 10 months!



so cute! i'm glad i read this, i'll feed h some of those things! i have NO CLUE what i am really supposed to be giving her in terms of 'real' food, but she too has started to not want to eat her baby food anymore!!
ReplyDeletehappy 10 months sweet A!
ReplyDeleteHe is growing so quickly... And such a handsome little guy! Happy 10 Months, Baby Abbott!
ReplyDelete