Monday, June 10, 2013

Abbott at&around 18 months

It's been too long since I have updated on my sweet little Abbott. He is incredible. All boy. Messy, playful, giggly, cuddly, smiley, sometimes whiny, and quite simply the sweetest. I can't even begin to explain what a blessing he is to our family. It's hard to believe that just two years ago I was writing this post, fretting over his little life. Now all I see is a healthy, happy baby boy. God is so good.

The first thing you should know about Abbott is that he is always, I mean always, hungry. Matt and I sort of refer to him like a gas tank. You have to fill him all the way up to get the best performance. When he wakes up in the morning he is one grumpy boy. We have developed a pretty successful morning routine though of putting him immediately on the couch and providing some kind of breakfast before we attempt to talk to him. This usually gives us all the best results.
 He is a bit of a stinker too. This is one of my favorite faces of his. Usually I get this face when he has been asked not to do something, and he is going to do it anyway, or if he has been caught in the act. It's like his own little way of saying, "who, me?" But really, how can you not give into that sweet smile? I am still working on that myself.
Abbott is a cuddly little mommy's boy. Laurelei was all go, go, go from the time she could walk. It took a few years for her to get back into a cuddly spirit. Abbott has never let it go. He'll be playing and suddenly stop, run over to give me hugs and kisses, and return to his activity. He can't go to bed without being held and rocked. It's so sweet, and I don't hate it all!
He is also quite the little dancer. Abbott has a dance that goes with Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Itsy Bitsy Spider. If he hears music is is all over. I am sure he will wish he had better rhythm as he gets older, but I am totally okay with it, because it is the cutest.
This little boy is so much fun. Matt and I always wondered how it would be different to have a little boy after our three years with just Laurelei.  I love the dance and bows and ruffles and pure sweetness that comes with Laurelei. I just never imagined it could be so perfect to have one of each.
Love you little Abby Rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment