Monday, June 10, 2013

miscellany monday, and a promise to myself...

Why hello lovely monday. I can't say that I am usually very excited to see you, but the summer changes many things. A bowl of cheerios and diet coke in hand, kids playing joyfully in the background, bread baking in the oven...these are things I could get used to on a Monday morning.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I dare say things have been busy around here. With the end of the school year, the t-ball season, and dance we have had a lot going on! Luckily with only one night of recital left to go, things are looking a little more peaceful for us very soon!

In the meantime, here is a bit of what we've been up too...

one... The end of the school year brought two big things for me, the graduations of BOTH of my brothers. I cannot believe that they are all grown, heading to college in the fall. It was great to celebrate both of them, but a little bitter sweet as I look towards august and realize how quiet my house will seem without Harrison's frequent visits.
two... We have tried really hard to spruce up our backyard lately. Our 1950's house has a great big backyard, but its been in a great state of disrepair since we moved in 5 years ago. It definitely has a way to go, but for the first time in a long time I can say I actually enjoy my time sitting on the porch back there. We added a brick patio to an little area that just couldn't grow grass effectively, and planted some of my favorites, hydrangeas!
three... With the start of summer, we've been trying to have a lot of play-dates. Laurelei and Abbott are just getting to the age where they play really well together, so I've been so excited to bring some new friends into the mix as well! Last week we were able to play with all kinds of friends! Connor was able to come over Sunday night, Harper on Monday, and on Friday we headed over to Leighton and Brooks' house for some fun too. Somewhere in the middle there we traveled up to Cincinnati for a little shopping, lunch, and fun with Mathis and Eleanor too. It was great for L and A, and I can't complain either. I quite enjoyed talking to their mommy's as well!
 four... Laurelei is finishing up her dance season with a big recital. That has meant a lot of rehearsing for L and a lot of trying not to become a dance mom for me. This of course will deserve an entire post just to itself because of the cuteness it entails, but for now here is a sneak peak of how we have been spending our days for the last week. Did I mention I love having a little girl?


five... I am promising myself that I will try to catch up on all of the important things (to me anyways) here this summer. Abbott has become a completely different baby. L is growing up so ridiculously fast. I don't want to lose track of those memories! I've also decided that I need to get the 'big' camera out more often. I've been using it a lot lately to get pictures of other people, but missing out on some sweet shots of my own kids, I must do better at that.

Happy Summer!

lowercase letters

No comments:

Post a Comment