Thursday, March 10, 2011

I wonder what goes through their minds?

Lately L has grown up so much in so many ways. I am sure every time I actually get around to blogging about it I say that, but this time its really true. She talks non stop, (which I every adult I knew growing up likes to joke "I wonder where she gets that..."), and this leads to many any interesting statement or confession. I have decided I am going to try to be better about writing these things down, seeing as how they are SO darn cute!

One night recently she allowed me to put her to bet. I choose the word allowed very appropriately since she has a strong preference for 'daddy' at bedtimes, and meal times, and play times, and... Anyway, as I was putting her to bed I noticed a stale graham cracker on her pillow next to her head. I obviously asked what it was there for and tried to remove it to throw it away. L quickly informed me that it was for her baby doll (who sleeps on the pillow next to her) because the baby is always 'hougie' aka hungry at night. Then, she promptly asked for Daddy. As if, "Mommy, you clearly don't get it. Go ahead and get daddy to finish up here."

I love to think that she believes she is constantly being bothered by the baby doll in the middle of the night, therefore it is so much more convenient to just have the food ready. No need to get out of bed this way. Makes perfect since to...er..me?

No comments:

Post a Comment