Laurelei could not be more excited about EVERYTHING right now. Her new catch phrase is "Oh Mommy, I LOVE it." She says this regularly with such sweet gumption about anything and everything. The snack I give her in the car every afternoon, the pajamas we pick out together for her to wear at night, taking a bath, etc. So you can imagine that when we bought her new shoes last weekend she welcomed them with no less excitement. In fact, this week we have been unable to fall asleep without them on our feet. I am hoping to break this habit soon!
In other news, L is regularly saying prayers too. She used to just repeat what we coached her through, but is taking great ownership now. She talks to Jesus and tells him she loves him, and even thanks him for everyone she can think of. It is such a sweet blessing to Matt and I to hear her recognizing Jesus name every night before she falls to sleep. A few night ago I over heard her talking herself to sleep in bed. She was thanking Jesus for her friends and family, Mickey Mouse, mommy and daddy, etc. However, she was quick to let Jesus know, "No thank you for time-out." I guess she is a little to familiar with time-out these days and wanted him to know she was a little unhappy. What a sweet little life she is!
Stay tuned for more new happenings around the Burlew house. I can't wait to fill everyone in on the changes we've been making around here, inside and out! :)
Stay tuned for more new happenings around the Burlew house. I can't wait to fill everyone in on the changes we've been making around here, inside and out! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment