My day was long. My day was hard for me. My day wanted to make me cry. My day succeeded. Good thing my day didn't know that I have a sweet little girl and the greatest best friend to come home to! It's easy to get down about things that are hard, frustrating and uncomfortable. It's even easier to start down the road of 'what if.' What if I didn't have to work? What if I wasn't completely exhausted before I even go to see my child for the first time each day? What is Matt worked less or we both worked in stress free environments? What if I was my own boss? Blah, blah, blah.
The reality is that I have a job and that's not going to change in the near future. Neither are the demands of said job, nor the demands of being a mom, or a wife, or a ____(fill in the blank.) I guess the hard part is finding a way to fit all of my 'jobs' together and still live my life with a bigger purpose. A few weeks ago I was reminded of how important it is to live life with a kingdom perspective. Maybe if I was doing this, the hard, frustrating and uncomfortable would be just a little easier.
As my life grows just a little fuller, I need to figure out how to do more than just work things in or work around things. I have got to get the right perspective. And until I find that perfect perspective, maybe I just need to find a better attitude with which to do life?
No comments:
Post a Comment