Monday, December 19, 2011

Tell me it's okay...

That I am probably not baking Christmas cookies this year.

That I went out today in an old sweatshirt and sneakers, sans make-up.
That I am not going to get around to taking all those cute-pinterest inspired pictures I really want that I've seen on everyone else's blogs.

That the wrapping on my Christmas gifts is pretty much sub-par this year with just a twine bow.
That Abbott and Laurelei don't have a ton of cute Christmas outfits this and I haven't bothered dressing anyone up in much more than pj's and sleepers.

That we haven't opened any days on our store bought advent calendar. Nevermind anyway since Laurelei switched around all the verses before December 1st even came!

I need someone to tell me that it's okay that I intend to spend the majority of Christmas just soaking up the little smiles and many memories. Spending time with family and keeping up with only the most important traditions. All of the other stuff is just going to have to take a backseat. With all the rush in our life recently, I think my whole family needs this time just to exhale. To sit and play and be.

3 comments:

  1. It's okay! I'm probably not going to make any Christmas cookies this year either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok! I wish I could slow down a little and enjoy the important things. Take it all in this year...relax and enjoy your two precious babies! There are always more christmas cookies and cute picture ideas, but babies grow up too fast...savor it! Merry Christmas to you and yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is completely okay, Patrice. I think you definitely have the right idea. If you try to do too much, you won't enjoy it. Your babies are too little to remember cookies or outfits anyway. But you will remember forever all the snuggle time with the kids on this precious Christmas break when Abbott was new and L was 3. You are a smart Momma, Patrice. I wish your family a relaxed, peaceful, and precious Christmas. : )

    ReplyDelete