So, I've given in. I have begun to play around with photo editing. It's no secret that I love my camera. I love taking pictures. I love capturing sweet little faces and life happenings. I want to do more though. So, I am slowly trying to take my favorite hobby up a notch. There are only so many pictures you can take of your own children, no matter how precious you think they are, and if I ever want to offer to take pictures for other people, I have to step it up a tad.
I am well aware that my first photos are most likely going to be over processed and over edited. I am playing around with the software and am quickly overwhelmed with what it can do, leading to a lot of 'doing!' So, be aware and kind to my creative process, and all my mistakes along the way! I think it will be fun to compare my first attempts to future photos someday.
Here is my first photo. I started experimenting by playing around with 'presets.' It only took me a few days to realize that, while they are cool, they are not necessarily for me. I think I like a more natural approach to photography. Notice how this one is way to 'vignette-y?'
I captured baby boy playing in his room the other day. He was rolling around on his crib quilt and the lighting and colors just seemed perfect. I ran and got my camera and started snapping away. When I went to edit the images I learned two things. One, shooting in raw really did make a difference in my editing. And two, black and white can be awesome with the right software!
Alright all your fellow camera-loving friends, what do you think? I'd love some tips or advice!




I think these look good. I am a big fan of black and white pictures and I love taking pictures in raw if I'm editing. Good luck with the learning process!
ReplyDeleteI just point and shoot. I don't even know what raw means. You get it all figured out and then you can teach me.
ReplyDeleteOoo, love these. The second B&W is perfect. He is such a little charmer, and I'm glad you left it upside down.
ReplyDeleteLR, sigh. It's great, but stressful at first. I've been using it for almost 2 years, and I still have a lot to learn, but it does get easier.