We spent the morning and much of the afternoon working on projects around the house.
Abbott and I sat on the back porch for a while and retreated in doors when it just got too stinking hot. And Laurelei got a special trip to the pool with Gigi, which she LOVED! After avoiding naptime, L and A shared some cookies while we waited for daddy.
When we were all ready to go, we headed to Matt's parents' house to grill out. We enjoyed some great family time and yummy food.
Oh, and Abbott might have gotten to have a little ice cream too. I was holding him and enjoying my desert until he decided he'd rather have it. So he just grabbed the whole cone out of my hand and went to town. I am surprised how well he managed the cone actually! It was pretty impressive. He is most definitely mommy's boy. At some point daddy insisted I take it away (buzzKill!) and Abby was not so happy about that.
The ice cream social led to an impromptu bath time. Abbott loved taking a bath in the big tub! And because of the fireworks ban in town, we finished off the evening in the dark with glow sticks. Good thinking Grandma! At somepoint L stopped and announced, "This is just so much fun!"
It was a nice quiet 4th of July, just what the doctor ordered this year.
Hope you had a fantastic holiday too!









Looks like the perfect day! A & L just get cuter and cuter with each passing second:)
ReplyDelete