Monday, July 16, 2012

miscellany monday

school. Back to school is right around the corner, and I am not sure if I am ready! Just the thought of it makes me want to throw up. It doesn't help that, as far as I know, my classroom still looks like this...
I have lots of ideas for what I want my classroom to look like. They are all swimming around in my head and I can't seem to make any real decisions. I have made some fun prints for various spots in my classroom. If you know my well you know I love playing with Microsoft Word a little too much! Thank you Pinterest for some of these fun graphic ideas!

On top of work-school, I have school-school to worry about. I probably should be creating some sort of matrix as we speak, but complaining about it is way more therapeutic. :)

home. I've been avoiding my back to work to do list, but have been having a blast working on my at home one! We recently tackled a couple of projects we have wanted to take on for awhile. I am extra excited about our new hallway bookshelves. It gives the kids easy access to their favorite books and is a major space saver!
I'm also on this 'adding color' kick. Our living room has lived in the blues, greens, and neutrals for awhile now. I am looking for a way to bring in some corals and oranges. My latest plan potentially involves painting our dining room one of those colors, but I am having a hard time giving up the dark grey it is now. We shall see where that goes I guess! In the meantime, I am on the hunt for some warm-tone throw pillows. Anyone know where to get super cute ones? I feel like I've looked at all the big stores.

kids. They couldn't get any cuter. We have had so, so much fun this summer. I know I've said it before, but two isn't nearly as daunting as I expected it to be! Abbott adds nothing but sunshine to our days, and we love him for it!
Laurelei has become quite the little boss. We spend a lot of our days playing 'mommy.' This is a game in which Abbott and I are subjected to playing the role of brother and sissy, and Laurelei gets to boss us around. She takes her role as mommy on with an Oscar-winning ferocity, and rarely breaks character. This makes for an interesting conversation about nap time. No, I am not sleeping in your bed and yes, you will take a nap. :) She is hilarious!
other. I am so, so excited about this upcoming week! I get to spend the next several days celebrating my birthday with friends and family, traveling to Dayton, and then onto Michigan! I am spending next week with my great friend Katharine in Michigan, and I just know it's going to be filled with lots of relaxation, shopping, and great company!

Happy Monday!
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

3 comments:

  1. Love love love the art hanging in the hallway! It is adorable. And now I pretty much have to know where you got it/how you made it, please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how your classroom turns out! It's a huge empty canvas, and you'll make it look great! I can't believe it's time to think about that already though. When do you start back?

    And yay for birthday weeks!! Sounds like you have a fun one planned, enjoy!! Can't wait to hear all about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. adoring the homework help sign!

    ReplyDelete