Thursday, April 30, 2009

spitting, a new hobby

Babies are extremely entertaining with each new pastime. Lately, in addition to rolling over, eating rice cereal, giggling, and other various "new things" Laurelei has taken up spitting. At first I was a little concerned when Laurelei started turning red in the face and concentrating, but I soon realized she was simply trying to accomplish something. She has begun "blowing bubbles" as often as possible. She will spit all over the place for a while, then look up at you with her big blue eyes and just smile. She loves it, and I secretly love it too. Today since I was home sick I could almost tell she knew it was a special day. She wanted to be close at hand, which was unfortunate since I couldn't really hold or cuddle her, but it allowed me to experience some of the spitting up close. Strangely, it was a very sweet moment. I guess I just cherish every little second I can get! I took a little video of it to send to Matt while he was at work. Hopefully I can get it to upload and share it with you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment