Monday, February 20, 2012

A few quick things...

one...I've been trying to figure out the manual settings on my camera. It's not going that great, but it's a work in progress! I think that the key to a better final result might just be learning to edit. Right now I am relying pretty much on what my camera can do all by itself. If I could do some post editing I think that might help! Anyway, here is a shot I got the first night I started playing around with manual and I thought it had some potential. Yes, no?
two... L helped me make Valentine's cookies this year for the first time. We went to my mom's house for an afternoon of baking. We had such a good time! She was a little bit dirty by the end of it, but the cookies tasted great. I love sharing this tradition with her. 
three...Thank you Mr. Presidents for having birthdays. I am enjoying the morning at home with my little family. The 4 of us are just holed up here, enjoying one another! It's been a perfect morning so far!
Happy Monday!

{linking up with lowercase letters}
Miscellany Monday @
lowercase letters

4 comments:

  1. happy day off! your pictures look pretty! once you are in manual for awhile it starts to make more sense and gets addicting. ;) so yeah, maybe automatic is good for now! takes way less time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are gorgeous! I'm still learning manual on my camera too, there's been a lot of trial and error :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pictures. How sweet is the one of the two of you?! Love the Chillin' with my homies jammies! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for manual! It seems like a completely different language at first, but one day you will look down and realize that you just get it. Your picture is great, a bit darker than your pictures usually are, but maybe you were going for that since it's at night. :) I like my pictures to be bright, so I always overexpose 1/2 to a full stop.

    I would personally say, try as best as you can to get the exposure right in the camera before you turn to editing. Otherwise you will spend TONS of time in editing, adjusting the many MANY things that can be tweaked. Plus, as moms, we wouldn't think, "well I'm not going to bother with that one b/c the exposure is way off," but "ooo I need to save that one b/c look how cute her expression is!" The ability to fix is a real time sucker!! :)

    I love L's expression when she's helping you with the cookies! So sweet! Glad you guys had a fun Monday together!!

    ReplyDelete