Here are some special things about our little one...
growing...Abbott was barely 13lbs at his 4 month check up. I don't know how much he weighs for sure, but I would guess 15lbs at least! We went to Barnes and Noble the other day and I decided to carry him instead of taking him in his seat. Wow. I had to pass him off to Matt more than once. He certainly is a little chunk! And, he is pushing his little feet out of the bottom of some of his gowns which just totally breaks my heart. He is still fitting comfortably into his 3-6 months clothes, and I love it when I find some of the 3-6 months sleepers that are too big still. Makes me feel a little better about this rapid growth period.
eating/ sleeping...Abbott is eating a ton at school during the day. He still eats every three hours, but sometimes 6 or 7 ounces per feeding! He has finally started to take a bottle which eases my heart when I am away from him and at work. We were sleeping steadily through the night 8-6:30, but the past couple of weeks we've been waking to eat once in the night. This weekend we were back on track and I am hoping we'll stay that way! We are planning to try some rice cereal today. Our pediatrician gave us the go ahead last month but I've been waiting. He is so hungry now though, I think it might be time!new things...Abbott is our little roly poly now! He's all over the place. He goes easily from his back to his belly, but stresses a little on his belly. We are trying to let him spend more time there figuring it out, but often we just give in and roll him back over. Abbott has also discovered the joy of toys. He loves his o'ball and pretty much anything that rattles. I am also pretty sure we are cutting teeth. He drools non stop and puts every single thing he finds into his mouth. His personality is really shining through. He loves to play and discover. This age is so much fun!
We have discovered that Abbott hates the car and his carseat. If we aren't moving or he's not asleep he's screaming. Should make for an interesting 10 hour drive to the beach this summer if he doesn't grow out of that!
We have discovered that Abbott hates the car and his carseat. If we aren't moving or he's not asleep he's screaming. Should make for an interesting 10 hour drive to the beach this summer if he doesn't grow out of that!
We bought this little duckie for Abbott because L was majorly attached to her 'Julius' of the same brand. However, Abbott hasn't ever really shown a lot of interest in it. He did just receive an organic 'lovie' bunny from us for Valentine's day, and he does love that at the moment. I'll have to make sure it makes it in a picture or two soon!
We love you little Abbott! Happy 5 months!
so sweet!! what's an o'ball??!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad he is eating so well during the day now, that's great!! What a relief for you, I'm sure! And you can tell, his little legs are starting to get chunky! I love that. :) I'm still jealous that you're getting so much sleep out of him at night.
ReplyDeleteAnd yay for his tie onesie! :) He looks very handsome in it. :)