Sunday, May 20, 2012

8 whole months...

We are now officially 2/3 of the way through Abbott's first year, and that totally sinks my heart! I cannot believe we are well on our way to having a toddler instead of a newborn. Time flies! Birthday party planning has already begun, I am sure it will be here before I even know it.

Here are some special things about our little Abby Rabbit this month...
he's on the move! It was a lot harder to get his pictures this month. He refuses to sit still. It took about 5 seconds for him to roll over and crawl away, if you didn't notice from the pictures above! He decided to ring in his 8 month birthday last night with an official crawl. He's been army crawling and scooting and pushing all over the floor. It just took a little extra coordination to get those arms and legs in tune, and I think we've done it! The boy climbs and pulls up on everything. He'd rather be sitting than lying, and standing than sitting, so it's a shift from one to the other. It doesn't take a whole lot for him to go from standing to lying again though, if you know what I mean, and he has a fair amount of bruises to show for it!
eating...We haven't really added anything new or exciting this month, but he is feeding himself more and more these days. He manages to get about half of what we put on his high chair into his mouth, and I call that a success! He loves his yogurt and sweet potato puffs, and so does Laurelei. She has rediscovered some yummy baby foods and demands that Abbott share with her. It's pretty funny watching her graze off his high chair occasionally. 
kisses... Abbott gives the sweetest kisses these days. If you give him a kiss, he just has to give one right back! It is probably the best part of any day. He even puts his hands on either side of your face before laying a big wet one on you. They might be slobbery, but they sure are sweet! 
he's a mommy's boy! Ha! I finally got one! Abbott will make his way to me no matter where I am in the house, and I LOVE IT! I can hardly get down on the floor to play with him without him just crawling up into my lap. I am so totally spoiled with cuddles between him and L, and I don't mind a bit! I think it's just my turn to enjoy all the favoritism since L was such a daddy's girl. I just love watching those chubby little arms reach out for me! It's the absolute best. 

Love you little Abby! Happy 8 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment