Thursday, May 3, 2012

Time?

Time, what time?
I've realized that as a mommy of two life comes and goes in seasons. Some days I think, 'this isn't so hard, I could do this with my eyes closed!' Life is all rainbows and sunshine and play dates. Then, other days, it's like a freaking torential down pour of crap. The baby is sick, and then L starts waking up again at night, then we literally have lost the bottom of our bedrooms somewhere under the hu-massive piles of clothes and sundries we've left lying around. Before I know it, everything has just completely fallen to pieces!

I bet you can guess that this past couple of weeks (the weeks I haven't even dared to blog or pretend to have it all together!) have been more of the later type mentioned above. It seems like as soon as we got things together here at home everything fell apart at work, or vice-versa. I am pretty sure that tomorrow's day off school was just preordained for me. Someone knew I would not likely survive without a moment to just sit and breath and forget how much some things just stink! I'm loving the fact that it's 9:05 and I feel like I can stay up just a little later and decompress, finally!

You know what I've been wondering lately? How with all that is going on around here, how in the world I think I have the time to squeeze in grad school too? I know what you are thinking, "I can't believe she hasn't started that yet!" And your disbelief would be well placed. I probably should have started a good 2 or 3 years ago I guess. I just really, really, really don't want to do it! However, now that I've put it off as long as professionally possible, I absolutely have to. I guess if you don't hear from me for the next several weeks, you will now know why.

Happy Thursday Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I am soooo sooo sorry that you have to start grad school. It is awful- I won't sugar coat it. My advice is to take your time so that you aren't too overwhelmed as a working mom. You will finish it before you know it~ (I have 4 weeks left!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, sorry about the last few weeks!! I still don't know how you do all that you do already. I can't imagine working full time too and now grad school! You'll do great though! You always pull through and luckily you have a lot of wonderful family close by, so your support system will help you pull through. Good luck with it!!

    ReplyDelete