Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"baby butter"

According to Laurelei, we are adding a "baby butter" to our little family!
That's right, its a boy! 

And the name?? Abbott
I know, I know, I told you a couple of weeks ago that we'd be having a 'Henry' if its a boy. Well, we didn't so much as change our mind as Matt finally agreed to my persistent calling of the baby Abbott over the past few weeks. :) I have loved this name for awhile, and finally Matt does too! He is working out the middle name as we speak. He had free reign on the middle name since the first name was originally my choice. We'll keep you posted on that one! (Though I promised he could have 24 weeks to decide if he needed it, so it may be awhile!)

Laurelei seems excited, though its hard to tell. She has been a little confused over where the baby is currently located. We had a detailed argument in the car on the way home over whether the baby was in her belly or mine. I eventually won the argument though. Unfortunately it was to the tune of her telling Matt, "Mommy's belly is big with a baby in it, and hers shirt is really little." I guess stating the obvious is as good as conceeding, right?

4 comments:

  1. These pictures are so sweet Patrice! I am so happy for you guys! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting that you will get to experience one of each! Yea! Love these pictures. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yaye! I should have checked this yesterday- sorry I was a day behind!
    Can't wait to see Abbott in October! Love the nam. Laurelei is going to be the cutest big sis ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, how exciting!! Little boys are so so fun, and they love their mommas, which is so fun too. We are now entering the world of "one of each" so we get to shop on both sides of the store! :) (just another small perk.)

    Congrats to you guys!!

    PS-Love Laurelei arguing with you over who has the baby in their tummy. :)

    ReplyDelete