I believe we can all be classified as one of two types of people: The kind who are prepared and the kind who are unprepared. I think that I fall into the category of the SO unprepared. As I was frantically trying to accomplish things I had put off till the last minute today, and trying not to fall over from just pure exhaustion, I had this epiphany: I always feel unprepared. Allow me to give you a few examples.
Let's talk about today. It was well past 6:00 pm when I realized that my post at Lemon Tree was due to go up in the morning at 5:00am. Had a started? Nada. When did I come up with the idea and purchase the materials for said project? Today. I was very unprepared. Let's back up to last Saturday. When were we planning on leaving for Chicago? 6:00am. When did we start packing? 10:00pm the night before. Not to mention to lack of reservations, plans, etc. we had made for out time there! (Don't worry, we were quick on the draw and had a fabulous time anyway, details to come in another post for that.) Want to go back even further? When did we pack for our move to Edinburgh? The night before we left. When did I pack my bag for the hospital during my first pregnancy? About 5 hours into labor...The list could go on and on and embarrass me for days.
I think this idea of being unprepared came to me today as I was mulling over something happening in our lives that is more than just waiting to pack or finishing a project. Last week when we went in to check up on baby #2 we received some information we weren't quite prepared for. Some red flags in my blood work told the doctor that baby #2 might be suffering from the same complication as Laurelei, our miracle baby. The problem has to do with my negative blood type being different from the baby's. When something happens that causes us to share blood, the baby suffers complications. We are playing somewhat of a waiting game until we can get a few more blood tests as my pregnancy progresses, but it looks as though the baby and I are already sharing blood. Remembering what we went through with L and hearing this news again is a bit more than I was ready to handle. I went in excited to hear the baby's heartbeat; I left so unprepared for the uncertainty that followed us home.
Lifting you guys up in prayer. xo
ReplyDelete