Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thinking about age...and an update!

Lately I have been contemplating "age." Mostly because when people find out I am pregnant they assume it's my first child, and seem shocked when they find out it's actually my second. Sure it doesn't help that I look shockingly like I could be a cast member on one of the hit shows "16 and Pregnant" or "Secret Life of the American Teenager."

Anyway, I have been thinking about age because it's hard not to. I am young in my career, young in my life style, young in most of my circles of friends. Matt will tell you I had some major anxiety about my age when we were thinking about announcing our pregnancy. His take is that it doesn't matter, and rightly so, but I still have a hard time not being slightly worried about it.

I guess the thing is, deep down I don't really care. What I really care about it that we are a happy family. That though Matt and I didn't really choose to start our family this early, we are growing and thriving and getting stronger everyday. There is no denying that we aren't really following suit with our generation, but who really cares? (Besides A LOT of people who voice there opinions otherwise. Maybe I should say WHY would I care who cares...?) I have spent a few too many moments obsessing about the wrong things. This cannot become one of them!

So, on from that....time for a little update! (A fellow blogger I follow did this during her pregnancy, and I thought it was a great way to record things I otherwise wouldn't think much of, so here we go!)

(15 weeks and looking very pregnant!)



Baby Highlights:
How Far Along: 15 weeks
Clothes: Yes please! I can squeeze into a few things, but let's just say its better for all of us if I give in! My go to after-work staple is my yoga pants!
Gender: Waiting to find out, at least one more week til we know the news.
Movement: I am feeling slight flutters, but I am not convinced its the baby yet. I cannot wait until I the kicks are more prominent. It makes me feel so connected to the baby!
Cravings: I am loving bread and butter pickles and am drinking a lot of orange juice. Both a little unusual for me. And the past couple of weeks I cannot get my favorite Ramsey's veggies out of my mind!
Baby Planning: I am so anxious to start on the nursery. Currently in the plans is some nice board and baton and I am ready to get it started. I am so unsure about paint colors. Neutral, gender-inspired, out of the box? Any ideas people?
Prayer: That God continues to protect our sweet baby and pregnancy, specifically protecting my belly from abruption. I can be a little paranoid :)

4 comments:

  1. yaye! You look so adorable! I love you pregnant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi:) I started reading your blog when you announced baby #2 on Lemon Tree:) I'm expecting #3 in a few weeks:) a girl after 2 boys!!!:):) my boys are 4 and 2.
    I wanted to say don't let age bother you!!!! I started at 24 even then that was early.... But my best friend IS 24 now and has 2 boys now... She started at 21!! Age is a number!!! It doesn't mean you aren't an amazing Mommy:)
    You do look adorable and so pretty:)
    Congrats on baby #2:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are seriously an adorable pregnant Momma. You definitely seem to be glowing. Can't wait to hear what you are having. If you have are having that little Henry, I would embrace the boyness in the nursery and if it is another little girl, I would go "out of the box". Just my 2 cents. But I do know for a fact that whatever you do, it will be perfect. : )

    Oh, and being young is a good thing. You will get to still run around and chase your little grandbabies someday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krystal, congratulations on your upcoming arrival too! Only a few weeks to go, that is crazy. We started at 23, which seems like forever ago, and yet somehow I still don't feel any older!

    You both have a good point though, I have plenty of energy and will love having a full family young, even if they are grandbabies someday!

    ReplyDelete