Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

We have had a terrific week of Easter festivities. This is truly one of my favorite times of the year! I absolutely love the meaning of Easter. Thinking about the resurrection of Christ always brings an overwhelming peace through our household. And this year it is even more meaningful as Laurelei has really started to understand who Jesus is, which just warms my heart! Today when I picked her up from the nursery she told me, "I am with you always." This has been her bible verse for the month and this week I guess she just felt like repeating it. How wonderful it was to hear such a sweet reminder come out of her mouth!

We started our celebrating on Thursday with the annual egg decorating at mom and Greg's. It is always such a great time decorating with them and the boys, and this year Laurelei really got into it! She took her egg dying, decorating and stickering very seriously.
Before we went to church, we had a little egg hunt and Easter baskets at home. Laurelei got really into this year! Her searching for eggs was hilarious, she got SO excited everytime she found one!
Afterwards, we got ready for church in our Easter best. Laurelei looked so sweet in the smocked dress my mom bought her a few months back.
When church was finished we rushed to Louisville so we could celebrate with Matt's extended family. Laurelei looks forward to seeing her cousins and we always get to enjoy a fun Easter egg hunt there too. This year the rain kept us inside, but we had just as much fun!



When we finished up here we headed back to mom and Greg's for an Easter dinner. We got there and of course, mom had another egg hunt all ready for Laurelei. This one was a challenge since she actually HID the eggs!

They also put a music set in L's basket. She serenaded us all night. She thinks the moroccas are drum sticks. This makes for one LOUD drum solo, but L was having a blast and we all enjoyed it too.

We had a yummy dinner and headed back to the house for bed time. It was a perfect day. I had the best time with all of our family. I love holidays!

I can't wait to share an update of week 16 soon! We are scooting along, and looking forward to our doctor's appointment Tuesday. Maybe we will even get another sneak peak at the baby, could I be so lucky?

3 comments:

  1. Fun! I agree, Easter is so much fun as a parent!! I always feel just as excited as Jayce is when he's searching for and finding eggs. :) You look great by the way! You have an adorable little bump. :)

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Patrice! L is so adorable and I'm sure the next addition will be just as sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So precious. LOVE Laurelei's dress. Perfect. Your belly is adorable and I love your shirt and cardigan! : )

    ReplyDelete