Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A little family vacation...

Over my spring break we decided to take a little family vacation to Chicago. Matt and I both value family vacations so much. My mom has always made it such a point to take us somewhere every year. The memories I have with my sister and brothers from each vacation will certainly last a lifetime, and I was eager to make new memories with my own little family! So, we picked Chicago, some kid friendly activities and a great hotel to spend our little vacation in style. We had so much fun! here is a little catalog of events we enjoyed while we were away. (And yes, we sure packed in A LOT of fun in just 4 days!)

Our first stop was the Rock and Roll McDonalds, L loved it!

After some shopping (when L insisted on buying a new pair of shades) we went to the park.

When we finally checked into our hotel, L was VERY excited about her big bed!

After a long first day and swimming in the hotel pool, L was zonked and fell right to sleep.

Our second day started with a long visit to the Shed Aquarium. L had such a good time, but particularly loved the Dora 4D Experience!


After the Shed, Matt and I got to enjoy a quiet 3 hours at the Chicago Art Institute as L napped in her stroller. Afterwards she was ready to explore more of the city!

Including the "moon" as she called it. "Look daddy! I holdin the moon!"


On our third day, we started with a long walk down Michigan Avenue and a stop at the Lego store. This was the best picture we could get with L and Woody. She was excited to see him, but a little busy at the time...

We also visited the Hershey store, L loves chocolate!!

After our stop, we headed to lunch at the Rainforest Cafe, easily the biggest hit of the trip!! We asked to sit right next to the elephants and L just sat in amazement the entire time. She was beyond excited about the environment. I wish we could go back again and again!

We ended the afternoon and our trip at the Chicago Children's Museum. It is an awesome museum! I wish we had something this wonderful in Lexington. L loved every second of it. And Daddy was the best playmate she could have ever wished for!


It was a great trip. Now we just can't wait for the beach! Hopefully summer will come quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment