Monday, May 16, 2011

Guilty Pleasures...

Sometimes it's hard to admit our guilty pleasures, isn't it? You're careful about what you admit around certain people because after all, you feel 'guilty' about indulging in certain things. As I was sitting here thinking about this tonight, I thought I would share a few realizations I had about my own guilty pleasures...

1) The Bachelorette. The new preview for this season captivated me as I was quietly listening to Laurelei fall asleep in her room. Its trashy, ridiculous and just oh so much fun to watch. I can tell you just where I will be the next few Mondays, while Matt secretly enjoys the show in the background. I am confident he will admit this someday!

2) Pickles. There was a time in my life where I pretended I was allergic to them. What was I thinking? Bread and Butter pickles, yum! I could eat a whole jar at one time. Not that I ever would...

3) Sneaking into Laurelei's room at night. I know, I know, the old adage says "Never wake a sleeping baby." Well, you have a little girl as precious as L and tell me you don't think its occasionally a good idea to put her in bed with you, even if it does end badly 99% of the time.

4) Checking Facebook. The first among us not guilty cast the first stone. Ok, I am kidding, but I do love to see what my friends are up too. I love looking at the pictures of what's going on with people I am to distant to see.

5) Candy. Nope, can't blame this one on the pregnancy. Sweetarts seem to be a particular favorite of mine right now. Along with just about anything chocolate. Ooo, like a Caramello. ummm...

6) Sleep. I may or may not have gone to sleep before 8:00 once or twice this month.

7) Pictures. Can you tell? I LOVE to take a sweet picture of L. Having a good picture of my family is even better. Looking at a memory right there in ink is just so intoxicating. I could spend hours, literally, hours looking at pictures of special times. Matt might not understand why I take at least 50 pictures of the exact same thing, but hey, I just LOVE getting the perfect shot! I am currently obsessing over this one!
Please tell me I am not alone! You have at least one guilty pleasure, right?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Patrice, I have more than I care to admit right now. I, too, enjoyed the Bachelorette even though it is known in our home as "everything that is wrong with this world". Ha. : ) I just couldn't look away.

    Also, another one is definitely kid's clothes. I am kind of obsessed and I need some help! : )

    What a perfect family photo! Love it.

    ReplyDelete