Sunday, May 8, 2011

Little Misses "I wear my shoes to bed..."

We have gotten into letting L pick out her jammies at bed time. Its an easy time to let her express her fashionista side, and its inevitably a hoot every single time! Anyway, this has led to a really bad habit... wearing shoes to bed.
I know, I know... this is probably a bad idea for so many reasons. It's just want it got started, its been nearly impossible to say no to. The girl loves shoes.  I can't say I blame her. I mean chances are this is something she inherited directly from me! I LOVE shoes and love the buy shoes. I have spent a good part of her two short years convincing her to like one pair or shoes or another that I have bought her. It seems now that all my poking and prodding finally just stuck. Oops.

With it being Mother's Day and all, this got me thinking. It was pretty easy to pass on my love of shoes to L. All it took was L observing me, watching me, mimicking my like and dislikes. Kids are so impressionable and she caught on so quickly. It got me thinking, what else does she pick up on? The good and bad? My anxiety? My frustration? My fears? What am I 'passing on' to her without even knowing it? With another sweet baby on the way, I feel the need to be more aware. How do you know when you are passing on all the right things? Setting your child up for success?

Matt often says L is like a miniature of me, walking around with all that attitude! I hope I am passing on enough of the good too...

No comments:

Post a Comment