Saturday, March 24, 2012

6 whole months...

I CANNOT believe it. There is no way my sweet little baby can possibly be 6 months old. The calendar and doctors seem to agree, but I'm not sure I am buying it. :) Then again, I am fairly certain I have said that every month for the last 6 months, and am almost positive I'll be saying it again in just a few short weeks. Such is life.

Here are some sweet little things about our little 1/2 year old...
growing...I remember that I was convinced last month that Abbott was over 15lbs, but now I am thinking I was a little off. We went Thursday for his 6 month check up and he was weighing in at the 5th percentile, a whopping 15lbs 9oz. He seems so big to us, but I guess maybe we are very good judges of that! He is a bit short too as far as babies go, but I guess he gets that honest... 22.25 inches. Little Abby is growing like a weed. Matt keeps trying to convince me to put him in size 3 diapers, but I am not obliging just yet. That is just a bigger step than I am ready to take. I probably will have to agree to stop dressing him in nightgowns sometime soon, but some things I'm going to stick to my guns on, right?
eating/ sleeping...We are gulping up the solids now. He is loving all his veggies and it makes me so happy! I think his favorites are probably peas and sweet potatoes. I know he is going to like the bananas I'm thinking about trying too! He is now eating a small cereal lunch at school and a small veggie dinner here at home. We made the switch to double solids when Abbott stopped making any progress through sleeping through the night again. I knew he was growing and I just had to give in to satisfying his hunger. It is working well, and I am happy to say we've had a straight week of sleeping through the night again. Wahoo! We've also had a few Mum-Mums, or as mommy likes to call them, "car ride miracles." It's helping with our car riding anxiety and teething troubles too.
new things...This month has been full of playing, teething and moving! We grab and play with everything we can get our hands on these days. Nothing is off limits in Abbott's opinion. He will roll from one corner of the room to the other if it meas he can chew on that table leg he's been eying. Which brings me to the teething. Little Abby is drooling and chewing on everything. The doctor seems to think we'll have a couple of teeth in a few short weeks, and I can't believe it! Abbott is all over the place. I am fairly certain that he will be crawling in the next couple of months, if not by the end of this one. He knows how to pull himself forward and is starting to combine that with pushing off on his toes. I am so not ready for that! Two mobile children just sounds like trouble.
Sweet little Abby Rabbit could not possibly bring more joy into our lives. He is still so calm, even keel, happy go lucky. He smiles and talks and socializes with everyone. He puts up with Laurelei like a total champ, (I think it helps that she is pretty sweet most of the time :) I cannot wait to see how his personality continues to emerge over the next few weeks.  Happy 1/2 birthday little guy!

1 comment:

  1. cutest little man! I love him! can't wait to come down there and kiss those chubby cheeks :)

    ReplyDelete