Friday, March 16, 2012

Lately

Lately we've been busy. And not necessarily the good kind of busy. Though I am not quite sure that there is a good kind of busy sometimes. Our days and nights have been filled with work and rushing. So, we've tried our best to find little ways to slow down and enjoy one another.

Matt and I have discovered Downton Abbey and I am obsessed. I know, I am a little late on the scene, but I love it! We are only on Season 2 Episode 3, and I cannot wait to watch it. We can only watch the shows on the computer, which at first seemed like a nuisance, but is now quite wonderful. Matt and I get to snuggle up in our bed and open the laptop. It makes for a quiet and calm ending to an otherwise long and busy day. And it reminds us of Edniburgh, where we used to do the same thing all the time.

Luckily it's been in the 70's the past few days, so we've also been able to squeeze in some quality family time at the park. The kiddos love it. Abbott even got to swing in a big swing for the first time, and he loved it. He had the biggest smiles and was a little disappointed to get out. I desperately want to find some playmates for L and Abbott this summer. L really needs someone to run around at the park with. Hopefully Aunt Dana is up for some summertime play dates :).
 We even got out to Orange Leaf this week on a nice warm night. L was a little late getting to bed, but it was well worth it. The yogurt obviously did not disappoint and the conversation was even better. Spending time as a family is always so refreshing!
Have you noticed a plethora of Instagram photos on here lately? It might be because I broke my camera. It still works, but not quite to it's full potential. The flash is completely broken, and since I work during the day I haven't been able to take any pictures at night, since it's just too dark in our house. It's going to be $200+ to fix, which begs the question, is it worth it? I mean, it's totally worth it to get my camera fixed, but should we just wait a couple of months and get a new one instead? That is what we can't decide. Either way, we are going to have to save. And I'm left to wonder if I am going to miss out photographing many important moments for Abbott over the next few months. I am so overly disappointed about this! :(
On a positive note though, there is no school today! Meaning it is 9:45 and I have already fed the baby myself twice, played with L, made breakfast, and had a little computer time (first time I've been on the computer in a week!) We have big plans for fun today.  I was so ready for this three day weekend. Maybe it will give me sometime to catch up on some memory keeping! We shall see. 

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment