Friday, March 16, 2012

Dear Laurelei,

You are probably the sweetest little girl I've ever met. Your sweet smile lights up the room instantly.
You are a natural comforter and protector. You cannot stand to see people cry or look sad, in real life or on TV. It seems as though sometimes you take those things very personally. I think you would do anything to make another person happy. That is a great quality to have. You are very protective over your little brother too. Strangers beware, for if they happen to look at Abbott sideways you might just take them out. Certainly you'll put them right back in their place as you yell triumphantly, "Hey, that's my brother!"

That's not to say that sometimes you aren't a little ornery too. If we hear Abbott crying we will almost certainly also hear you yelling, "I didn't do nothin to him!" from somewhere in the house. We'll just say that sometimes you smother him with love and kisses.

It seems as though you've learned a lot from the little time you have spent in time out in your short life. You love to play with you babies and stuffed animals and you are very stern with them. You spend a great deal of your playtime teaching them life lesson's such as, "No hitting!" or, "We only say nice things!" or, my personal favorite, "Daddy says we not say no one's not our friend." There is definitely an atmosphere of respect and friendship among the playthings around here.

You are growing up so fast, and at times it is a little scary! Many things you say and do seem incredibly far beyond your years. Just today you asked me when you would be able to get another new pair of sandals. You were very concerned that your flip flops squished your toes but that it was getting warm outside also. You told me, "I know I just got new Dora shoes Mommy, but they not show my toes. And they're for school." I kind of thought we'd have 10 more years before all the bargaining started, but I guess you had other plans.

Luckily, you're still a 3 year old at heart. You love to sing and dance, and you don't care who sees you! It's not unusual for you to break out the moves in a public location that is playing some good tunes. I love your 'fractured nursery rhymes' too. Just yesterday we had quite a lengthy argument of the words to "Baa, baa black sheep." Apparently the correct words are, "Baa, baa black sheep have you anymore more? Yes sir, yes sir three bags full. One for the masker, for today..." Looks like we'll keep singing it your way for awhile, since you won. When I asked you, "Anymore what?" you replied, "Three bags silly!" When I asked who the third bag was for is only one was for the masker and one was for today, you told me it was for you. Makes sense I guess, since right now everything belongs to you...:)

You are so beautiful inside and out. You have such a happy spirit. We are so blessed to call you our daughter.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment