Here are some special things about our little Abby Rabbit this month...
moving... this was as close as we got to a 9 month picture. I couldn't sit him down and get to the camera fast enough to catch him before he moved. He is all momma's boy, and if I am sitting in front of him, he is sitting in my lap. I'm not going to pretend I don't love it! We crawl properly at turbo speed now. Abbott can get to the carbon monoxide detector as quick as a flash! He LOVES to push the button and light the house up with a crazy loud, "BEEEP!" It always causes crying, on his and L's part, so I can't imagine why he keeps doing it over and over again. It's not like we don't watch our kid or anything, I promise. That doesn't mean that he hasn't gotten the occasional swipe at the new puppy's food though. I think I officially won parent of the year award when he ate it twice, in one day. Oops.
growing... Abbott is 17.5lbs and 26.75 inches long! Growing like a weed. He's still hanging in the 10-25th percentile range though, minus the head. He has a big noggin, but that's okay!
standing... We are still pulling up and standing on just about anything now. It's freaking me out a little bit. He loves to do it, but mostly lacks in proficiency. Guess he's just all boy with all those bumps and bruises!
playing...We get to play lots of games and have lots of fun now! He loves kissing baby in the mirror, peekaboo, dropping things from his high chair. He would spend hours a day in L's room playing with her kitchen set if we'd let him! He a big fan of banging on things that produce a sound. One of our favorite times of the day is dinner time. L and Abbott usually enter into some sort of silly giggling match. One making the other laugh over and over again. They both love it, and it warms our hearts to hear! We've also introduced a few new toys this month that Abbott is enjoying, one of which is a walking toy. He is getting pretty good at it, which is a little scary! I wonder if next month's post will include first steps? I shudder to think!
teething...Matt and I have been convinced that Abbott has been teething since about 4 months. Well, we finally learned this month what teething is actually all about. Yikes! I pretty much spend every day covered in drool. Abbott fusses a lot more than usual, which makes me sad. All in all, it hasn't been too bad, and we have a tiny little front tooth to show for it! He's already working on tooth #1's neighbor too, which should make for a fun little beach vacation!
sleeping... We.don't.sleep. Ugh. I'm not going to blame him though, since it's mostly ear infection induced. Abbott spent his entire month with an ear infection. It has taken 6 weeks and 3 progressively stronger antibiotics to get rid of it. It's been a pretty heart breaking few weeks around here with our little guy! I'm a little scared that we are well on our way to tubes.
Look at that sweet little tongue. We've seen a lot of that too. Makes me think he's working really hard to complete a task. Love it!
Happy 9 months little Abbott. Love you bunches.




He's sooo sweet. And where did all that hair come from? I know I've said that before, but it seems like all of the sudden he just got a bunch.
ReplyDeleteI love that pic of him crawling with his tongue out too. So cute.
He is adorable! Such a sweet face!
ReplyDeleteoh Abbot. You are the same size as my guys. Shep has a big ol' head too! More room for all those brains. He will be walking soon. ohmy!! Poor guy and momma with no sleep. You handle it well! Hope his teeth come in easliy. We are working on some here too. Lots of drool and LOTS of snot.
ReplyDelete