Tuesday, June 12, 2012

five years of us

Matt and I celebrated 5 years of marriage this past weekend. We had a great time. Matt's parents watched the kids overnight for us on Friday so we could enjoy some time out. We went to dinner at Portofino here in Lexington, which is where we had a reception 5 years ago. Every year we are here, we go back for dinner, we love traditions! I loved the excuse to get all cute and fancy and stay out late. 
{Look at Matt indulging my need for a little photo shoot. Isn't he the best? :)}

We agreed to not give presents this year due to a few recent big purchases for out household. I couldn't resist though. I've been feeling so blessed by 'us' and the little people in our lives. I was inspired by a pin I found on Pinterest to make my own graphic print for Matt.
It wasn't as perfect as the pin, but I made it myself, and I think that is what counts! It is currently framed and awaiting it's perfect spot in the house, as soon as I figure out what that is!

I can hardly believe it's been five years, and not because that seems like such a long time. I actually can't believe its only been five years. I feel like I've known Matt for a lifetime. I feel like we've been 'us' forever. I feel like I've loved him all my life.

3 comments:

  1. How cute!! Love the photos! Happy 5th Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 5 years! I love that you guys go to that restaurant every year, that is a PERFECT way to celebrate. Adorable.

    And I love your print!! You are a wiz in Microsoft Word.

    ReplyDelete