Summer is in full swing here in Kentucky. It's gorgeous. We started out super hot in May, averaging in the upper 80's for a couple of weeks. Thankfully, June came in a little milder and I am not complaining. It's made for more outside playtime for us! Here is a little of what we've been up too around here...
We started Memorial day weekend with two trips to the pool. The kids loved it, and I certainly didn't mind getting some sunshine while they played! It made for some great family time. Laurelei got to play with Gigi, Daddy, Rebecca, and Harrison. That was a lot more fun than just playing with mommy I am sure. It was Abbott's first pool trip and he loved it! He just kept splashing at the water and smiling so big. It also made for some good afternoon napping.
On Memorial day, we got in lots of playtime with Grandma and Grandpa. It was very, very hot, but that didn't stop L from playing outside for even a minute. It tuckered little Abbott out though.
Last week was our first full week of summertime with no school. Unfortunately, we rung in the summer with a round of sickness. L, Matt, and I all shared a lovely stomach bug. Abbott thankfully avoided that one, but got ear infection #4 instead. It was a long week with lots of indoor playtime and cuddling. It was draining to say the least. Thankfully Abbott and L had many smiles to share to lift the spirits around here.
Thursday L went to preschool for the day, and Abbott and I spent some quality time with Jess. Lunch and some shopping was just what the doctor ordered to recover from all the yuckiness of the week. I am sure going to miss teaching with that girl. And all my other Ashland friends for that matter (but more on that later.)
Happy Tuesday!
I hope everyone is feeling better at your house!
ReplyDelete