Abbott turned 4 months old yesterday, and as much as I am trying to stay on top of his monthly pictures, I missed out on taking them yesterday. So here is a little snap shot from yesterday, just so we are accurate on exactly what he looked like at 4 mos. :)
Here are some special things about our little 4 month old...
growing...At his 4 month check up Abbott weighed in at a whopping 12lbs 9oz! (And he was actually a little heavier than that the week before, but this yucky sickness caused him to lose almost a whole lb!) He is also 22.75 inches. Up a whole 1/2 and inch since his last measurement. We are hanging in the 10-25 percentile all around. We are for sure in 3-6 month clothes by now and wearing our size 2 diapies proudly.
eating...Doc seems to think we can start our very first solids this month. I am so not ready for that. I've decided that we are going to work for a couple more weeks on mastering the bottle at school (which we are still refusing) before I introduce another new thing. Sooner or later little buddy is going to have to start taking a bottle. It's giving mommy fits everyday! I hate picking him up and finding out that he ate a grand total of 4 ounces all day long, when we usually take 5 every feeding. ugh. At least he seems to be growing just fine regardless!
new things...We are really starting to play now! I noticed today while taking his pictures that Abbott was really in to grabbing his little duckie. He has never even really noticed it before. It is so fun watching him try to figure out how to use his hands for anything other than sucking. He is also making great progress at rolling onto his side, but hasn't made it to his tummy from his back yet. Abbott also has this horrible new habit of scratching himself. He rubs his eyes so ferociously when he is tired. It's awful! We've also tried out the bumbo this month and have mixed emotions about it. (Though L seems to just love it for herself?)
Abbott and I have gotten a lot of quality time together this month, particularly in the midnight hours. It's been an exhausting month, but still couldn't be enjoying life with my two sweeties any more. This month I've really started to see more of Abbott's special little personality and it is so incredibly sweet. I could just stare into his little pale gray eyes all day long!
Love you little Abby Rabbit.
ohmy! He is getting cuter everyday! He looks so much like his big sis. Shep feels the same way about the Bumbo. However, SK LOVES it. Silly boys.
ReplyDeleteOur doc says to wait on food until 6 months, but I may sneak it in sometime before that. Glad he is feeling better. Good luck with the face scratching- socks on hands maybe?
oh abbot. i'm melting over here in his honor. : )
ReplyDelete