If every week were like the last, I might pull my hair out. I might run for the hills. I might actually go insane. Both Laurelei and Abbott were sick. And by sick I mean, SICK. Last Tuesday L was diagnosed with RSV at the doctor. Her fever was 103 degrees and didn't go away completely until sometime on Friday. RSV is apparently just a terrible, all consuming chest cold and upper respiratory infection. Poor L felt awful for days.
{L with her 'babies' posing for the picture. She loved the long days at home playing with all of her toys!}
Last night I finally got a little sleep, and woke up today with a (mostly) better perspective on things. Matt has been awesome. He is definitely the best guy to have in the middle of the night when the babies are crying and you think you might lose your mind. He takes such good care of us all, even when he is battling fever himself! He even put up with me forcing him to take Abbott back to the doctor, for the 4th time in under a week, because I was convinced he had whooping cough. (Remember how I said I mostly had a better perspective on things?) Don't worry folks, it looks like it is just his turn for RSV.
{Abbott just had to be held, so we spent a few hours in the sling, attempting to accomplish a thing or two.}
I hope your babies are feeling better today!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing such a great job though...they are lucky to have you and Matt. Hope the week ends better and the weekend looks up;)
ReplyDeleteWow, that is quite a week. Hopefully you never have one like that again!! Come on spring!
ReplyDeleteEven though my life is doubly as happy and my heart is doubly as full, I am with those people who said it would be crazy. :) One of our friends (with 3 kids) was just telling me the other day that the second was much more of an adjustment than the first was, but the third was much less than the second. Encouraging, I guess?