two. Little man looks pretty handsome in a tie. Can you tell daddy was in charge of dressing him the other day?
three. Being back in the classroom finally has me motivated. I've jumped on board and dedicated a pin board to teaching inspiration and I'm loving all the goodness to be found. 4 years teaching and I'm just now accessing the awesome ideas teacher blogs have to offer. Silly me!four. Abbott is finally enjoying his exersaucer. I cannot believe we have reached this age of discovery already! It's crazy how fast time is moving.
five. I got a video camera for my last birthday and we've been trying to put it to good use lately. It's kind of funny when we turn it on in front of L though. Apparently I've given her lots of camera practice, but she doesn't quite get the idea of the video camera yet. Sometimes, when we turn it on, she stops doing whatever it was we were trying to video tape and just smiles a big smile, saying 'cheese.' So far we have a lot of cute short videos, and quite a few 'cheeses...' :)
six. Speaking of L...The other day we built her a tent. Matt built the first one, and she ripped it to the ground in like 30 seconds. I assumed it was just his sheet tent engineering skills, so I had a go at it (after a sarcastic comment or two on my part I'm sure!) Nope, turns out it wasn't about the skill of the builder at all. It has more to do with the fact that our daughter has King Kong like skills that are far superior to our craftsmanship. So, back to the drawing board...
seven. Our dryer is broken. It seems we are regressing to our Edinburgh days, when we used to have laundry drying all over the house. At first I hated the mess. Eventually though, I just sat back and let the memories of Edinburgh flood in. That made the laundry seem like less of a burden and more a reminder of simpler times passed. (I do still want my dryer fixed though!)
Happy Monday!

No comments:
Post a Comment