Baby Highlights:
How Far Along: 23 weeks
How Far Along: 23 weeks
Gender: Baby boy Abbott Matthew.
Movement: We move a little less than we used to, but Matt is now able to feel him when he is kicking. We also saw him kicking today, which was a great feeling. We used to love to lay on the couch together and watch Laurelei kick and move around.
Movement: We move a little less than we used to, but Matt is now able to feel him when he is kicking. We also saw him kicking today, which was a great feeling. We used to love to lay on the couch together and watch Laurelei kick and move around.
What's Abbott Up too? Abbott should now be over 1.5lbs and 8.5 inches long! His face is almost fully formed and he can hear and recognize our voices now.
Baby Planning: The room is pretty much done! All we need is a few more globes, since that was originally the 'theme,' and we still only have 1.
Prayer: Continued safety for Abbott.
Baby Planning: The room is pretty much done! All we need is a few more globes, since that was originally the 'theme,' and we still only have 1.
Prayer: Continued safety for Abbott.
Bedrest has been weighing on a little more than just my physical patience. While sitting around all day everyday sounded alright at first, it actually can get quite long. Some days take forever to pass! I am so happy to be here at home in lieu of the hospital, but it can get pretty quiet.
One of the harder parts has been watching Laurelei leave everyday. I can't risk being alone with her, so our wonderful family has been helping out during the days when Matt is at work. She kind of thinks Matt and I are human jungle gyms, and it gets hard to protect my little baby bump from all of the games we like to play. Recently another friend on bedrest made a comment about how having a two year old while on bedrest is like an oxymoron. I would totally agree! Recently Matt was going to the store to pick up a few things and took L with him. She said, "You come with us mommy, ok?" I had to tell her I couldn't and it about broke my heart when she looked up and asked, "why mommy, because of your boo boo again?" She doesn't quite understand, but has named whatever mystery problem I have as a boo boo.
Some days are better than others. Poor Matt is such a trooper. He answers my teary phone calls and wipes my tears at night, calms my fears, prays over me and the baby and our family. I am so lucky to have him. It is so hard to not know what next week will look like, or next month, or the month after that. Not to know whether we are looking at 3 months of waiting, or 3 weeks. Not knowing how things will look on the charts next Tuesday at the doctor, whether I will end in the hospital or back on the couch. I get upset at the smallest things. Last week I called Matt in a panic at work because my belly button hadn't popped out yet. As if my belly button popping out is the universal sign that this baby is 'done.' I have always had trouble letting go of plans and timelines. I worked for weeks to prepare myself for this possibility that things wouldn't fit my idea of a plan. Turns out my preparation did little to ease the pain. I am having a hard time letting go and 'letting God.' I keep reminding myself that God is in control. I know that God will provide for us, as he always has.
I promise to come back with something more uplifting next time. Maybe nursery pictures, or an anecdote from the life of Laurelei. She is always keeping us on our toes for sure! Thanks again for the thoughts and prayers.
Patrice- I stumbled over your Lemon Tree blog through Maegan Waltz and your name rang a bell.... I danced w Lindsey at Pep Club (maiden name is Sarah Jones- now Sarah Smorstad) and her little sis was the only time I had heard the name (and I love it by the way)! Wanted to tell you that you have the sweetest little family and I have just read all about Abbott. I will pray for you and your strength during this time. I can't imagine leaving your first born for bed rest and I can't imagine the anguish you feel over what is going on with your second babe. However, I know the more prayer the better. I will be lifting you all up- seriously. Glad that I stumbled over your blog tonight~
ReplyDelete