Poor little Abbott has had a hard week too. At school on Friday I was accidently hit in the stomach with a ball at recess. I guess it's just one of the hazards of the job, as we tend to get hit occasionally. This time I guess was just unfortunate placement.
Anyway, that little accident has set about a spiral of events. I went into the doctor Friday afternoon with cramping that just wouldn't go away. They decided it was worth it to do an ultrasound and blood test, because of some other complications Abbott and I have with our blood types. After 24 hours of bed rest, all seemed to be going just fine and we were pleased. Yesterday morning, however, I got a call from my favorite nurse practioner telling me that my lab results weren't great and I needed to come in right away. As in, I had to leave school at 9:00 am and it couldn't wait! So, stress level high I ran to the doctor, got another Rhogam shot that helps protect the baby, waited patiently as they checked everything out, scheduled a specialist appt. and RAN back to school. Whew. Unfortunately, there was another little complication that we had to take care of immediately, and now I am home recovering for the day.
I guess all that is to say baby Burlew and I are back to square one with the waiting game. We'll go back in two weeks to check in again and see how he's handeling things, so I am just saying a little prayer and trusting God will protect us both!
Baby Highlights:
How Far Along: 20 weeks
How Far Along: 20 weeks
Gender: Baby boy Abbott Matthew.
Movement: More and more, lots of rolling around. Matt has yet to feel it, so I am still getting anxious for that!
Movement: More and more, lots of rolling around. Matt has yet to feel it, so I am still getting anxious for that!
What's Abbott Up too? His 5 senses are developing this week. He should weigh around 11 ounces and and is 7 inches long. He's like a little banana in there! Taste buds are developed and now that baby can swallow, he can actually taste what I am eating. Guess he is going to like Indian food too!
Cravings: It's snow cone season people! The little stand across from our grocery store better keep grape on hand this season.
Baby Planning: You will not believe me when I say we used this weekend to finish ALL of the board and batten in Abbott's room. We worked like dogs for 2 and 1/2 days and its done. I am in love! I cannot wait to get in there and decorate it all up! Now, I need to locate some globes, a crib, dresser...
Prayer: I am sure you get the drift from my overly long and detailed post above, but we are just hoping to keep baby Abbott's blood protected as long as we can!
Baby Planning: You will not believe me when I say we used this weekend to finish ALL of the board and batten in Abbott's room. We worked like dogs for 2 and 1/2 days and its done. I am in love! I cannot wait to get in there and decorate it all up! Now, I need to locate some globes, a crib, dresser...
Prayer: I am sure you get the drift from my overly long and detailed post above, but we are just hoping to keep baby Abbott's blood protected as long as we can!
No comments:
Post a Comment